Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Interviews

Guess what!  I have officially received a blogger award!  I LOVE this blogging thing.  There are so many super nice people out in the blogosphere that I am thoroughly enjoying getting to know.  One of them gave me this blog award, which I think makes me officially cool!  


Along with the award, I also get to answer some questions so people can get to know me better.  (Have I mentioned that I LOVE being interviewed??  Well, I do!  So this is an exciting day.

Who/What inspired you to create your blog?
Well, in November 2010, I found myself at one of those crossroads places in my life.  We had recently moved.  My parents had both recently passed away.  And my closest friends were no longer available.  I needed something...someplace to write the things that were rattling around in my head.  I've always written stuff (letters, journals, emails.)  It's a huge source of comfort for me to write, so I thought maybe it would be fun to start a blog.  My niece, Laura, who I love and admire had been wildly successful with hers, so I thought I'd try it.  It has become so much more than I ever thought it would be.  I love having a space that's just mine.  I'm slightly addicted to hanging out here, in fact.  I write nearly everyday whether anyone reads it or not.  I write to preserve the little things that happen around here and to appreciate the things that I might not normally even notice. 

How did you come up with your blog name?
It took awhile for me to think of a name for my blog.  I wanted it to reflect the stuff I was going to write about.  I wanted it to reflect my personality.  And I wanted to make sure that it would never be a place where I vented my frustrations or anger.  There's plenty of that on the internet.  I wanted this to be positive.  So...I thought I'd limit myself to only writing about "stuff I loved"...and poof! a blog was born.  :)

What is your favorite food and/or drink?
hmmm...
Let's start with my favorite drink.  I almost exclusively drink water, and it's mostly in the form of Sonic ice.  But if I could drink whatever I wanted with no consequences, no addiction, and no guilt...I would drink Diet DP.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE that stuff. 
I have a hard time picking favorite foods.  I like a lot of them.
Mangoes (those things bring out that little kid "I don't care if I get messy and it drips all over my face" kind of feeling)
Donuts (HUGE weakness!)
and anything Mexican!  LOVE LOVE LOVE Mexican food.  If stranded on a deserted island, I would want to have mangoes and chips and salsa.

What's your hidden talent?
I have this superhero-like sense of smell.  Think Gus' "super sniffer" from Psych.  That's totally me.  I could solve crimes with this talent!  I can smell stuff from a mile away...which can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on where I am.   


If you could choose one vacation spot in the entire world, where would you go and why?
That's easy.  Hawaii.  Family, the beach, amazing food, the spirit of aloha.  No question about it. 

What's the weirdest or most exotic thing you've ever eaten?
Well, everything in Hawaii is pretty exotic.  I don't like all of it, though.  I've eaten poi (ew...) and tripe stew (also ew...that's the lining of a cow's stomach...seriously yucky!)

Which is your colour that best describes you or stands for your personality? 
My whole life, I would have answered PURPLE to that question, but more and more I'm kind of drawn to RED (like the coral kind of red, not blood red or Corvette red)

Would you rather be blind, deaf, or mute?
Oh man...how hard is that?  I couldn't stand being blind because I would miss seeing my kids faces and the way the world looks in the morning when the day starts all over again.  And I would never survive being deaf because I wouldn't be able to hear music.  That would be unbearable.  So, I guess, as difficult as it would be to not be able to speak, I'd pick mute.  (At least I'd still be able to write.)





What's your current outfit?
jammies right now because it's only 8:00am...but I got a super cute black and white top yesterday that I'll be pairing later with my white capris and sandals. 


That was totally fun!  Thanks again, Jen, for the award, for the interview and for launching me out of obscurity! 
Much love!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your blog award, I love your positivity on your blog and just love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! But I have to say not so sure I believe you about the Mangoes ;)
    I don't always comment but I do always read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And it's totally true, I promise...mangoes = unrestrained drippiness and I love it!

      Delete