Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August

I got a text this morning from a friend who is vacationing in Utah this week.  It just said "Happy August!" with a few party hats and balloons surrounding it.  I hadn't realized until she sent it that today was the first day of August.


Here's what the temperature is like in August in Dallas...it is crazy hot here!




But I still totally love August.  It's the beginning of the end of summer which means school supplies, new clothes, a new schedule and football season!  As much as I love the end of the school year, I also love the end of summer.  Vacations for us are pretty much over.   Our month long slumber party has come to an end.  And everyone in my house has spent the day restoring order to their rooms.   We'll spend the next three weeks sneaking in doctor's visits, last minute registration changes, and haircuts.  But it will still be relaxing enough to go to the pool every day and watch a million more episodes of Say Yes to the Dress!  (I LOVE that show.)  Everyone is checking over their Summer Goals to see what's left...there's not that much...it's been a pretty amazing and productive summer.


Right now, though, I am enjoying a completely quiet, heavily air conditioned house, getting stuff together for my family history class later tonight, while chomping on a giant cup of Sonic ice.  I can't think of a better way to spend an August afternoon.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment