Sunday, August 5, 2012

Change

Well, I would be totally joking if I tried to convince anyone that I love change.  I don't really.  When my kids were little, I dreaded every single transition...introducing baby food, getting rid of bottles and binkies, eliminating naps, potty training...they were all hard for me.  I always felt like just when I got used to a schedule, the babies would grow a little and need me to change it.   I continue to fight every change that presents itself in my life.  But I've experienced enough of them to know that they're inevitable and necessary and that I am always better for them.  


Today, I was released from my Young Women's calling.  Ugh...how it ached to hear the Bishop announce that in Sacrament.  I have loved this calling so much.  I have loved every second of the time I've spent with these girls...every lesson, every activity, every presidency meeting, every text, every birthday celebration.  I love every single one of them and I am going to miss being with them.  They are bright lights to everyone around them.  They have lifted me when no one else could, and they have taught me things I never could have learned anywhere else.  I am so grateful for the past year that I've been able to spend with them.  


  
Who knows where this change will lead and what exciting and difficult and challenging things are around the next corner.  But change is always a good thing for me, so I'm embracing this one.  It's time...


“Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.” –Jim Rohn

No comments:

Post a Comment