Monday, December 20, 2010

Caroling

Today was not a great day.  I've been edgy and impatient and feeling the pressure of not quite finishing everything I wanted to be finished with by this point in December.  By 1:00 this afternoon, I felt comfortable just putting a big giant black X on the day and looking forward to tomorrow.  But I managed to drag myself out of bed and get it together to make it to the family Christmas caroling that we had planned for tonight.  And I'm so glad I did! 
I love to sing.  I mostly do it in the privacy of my car, or in the middle of a very large choir, so tonight was perfect!  There were about 6 families, which translates to about 40 people if you count all the kids we had with us.  We walked up and down a few streets in the neighborhood near the church where we met.  We let the little kids ring the doorbells and we just stood out on the sidewalk (so as not to completely intimidate the people) and sang our hearts out.  Deck the Halls, Frosty the Snowman, Jingle Bells.  We even attempted Feliz Navidad, but that wasn't as big a hit as the others.  The neighbors loved it.  The kids loved it!  And mostly I LOVED it!  
After we sang, we met back at the church pavilion for hot chocolate and treats.  (Yep, the pavilion is outside...which you can totally do in 60 degree non-snowy, Dallas, December weather.) 
It was a wonderful night and I'm grateful to have ended the day so much better than I started it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment