Friday, December 10, 2010

Candy Bins

I can think of very few things that are more irresistible to me than GIANT bins full of candy.  But somehow the thought of $7.99/lb for CANDY has been enough of a deterrent that I've never really allowed myself to indulge the way I would like to.  BUT...guess what!!  If you only get 2 or 3 of one kind of candy instead of a WHOLE POUND, it's not that expensive.  

Today, we had lunch at CENTRAL MARKET which is such an amazing place to eat.  
It's a grocery store with a HUGE restaurant/deli and you could literally go there everyday and never eat the same thing twice.  I had a tomato, mozzarella, basil sandwich....YUM!  They had samples of black bean tamales, though, which were UNBELIEVABLE, so we'll be going back SOON!   



After lunch, we needed something...not anything BIG...just a little bite of something SWEET.  So guess what we did!!  We wandered over to the CANDY BINS.  And we walked out with 4 little bags of a few different kinds of candy and spent less than $2.00!!  


Wanna know what I got??? 
I am a GUMMY CANDY FREAK...seriously!  Not like gummy bears or frogs, or those yucky gummy hamburgers, or....ew... gummy root beer bottles, but the good kind...like SOUR PATCH KIDS!  This is a fancy grocery store, though, so they didn't have any of those.  
So instead, I got 6 gummy pink grapefruits...


And a handful of gummy peaches...
and I'm not a huge chocolate fan, but every now and then I need a little chocolate fix...so I got 5 chocolate covered mini graham crackers...
I also went a little daring and got dark chocolate covered ginger...but it was GROSS!



I LOVE choices and I LOVE candy and I LOVE inexpensive...so this was one of those little things that turned an ordinary day into a blissfully happy day.  I look forward to going back and trying lots of other little bites of CANDY BIN "yummy-ness"...oh, AND the black bean tamales!
 

2 comments:

  1. I desperately want those gummy grapefruits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you realize that you've written more on MY blog than you have on your own this week?...I'm having MAMIE withdrawals! Where's Nearly Wordless Wednesday and Meatless Monday and Soupy Saturday??? :)

    ReplyDelete