Thursday, July 19, 2012

Driving and Birthday Requests...

Well, it's semi official.  TCD started Drivers Ed this week and passed her test.  She now has a learner's permit and can drive (with an adult) for the next 6 months until she gets her REAL driver's license.  She is officially a card-carrying driver!  

And...on a much sadder note...I have an announcement to make.  TCD and I had this conversation this morning:

TCD:  Mommy!  I know what I want for my birthday!!
Me:  Hmmm...it's a little early, isn't it?
TCD:  Nope.  I've been thinking about this a lot.  And it's important.
Me:  OK then...what do you want for your birthday?
TCD:  I want to legally change my name on your blog to FLOWERING BUTTERCUP!
Me:  (giggling...because who can help but laugh when she says stuff like that...)  I can do that.  But I'm just going to call you FB because FLOWERING BUTTERCUP is too dang long to write every time.  
TCD:  Nope, that's not going to work for me, Mommy.  I want you to write it out.  I don't want to be an acronym anymore!  

So, with a little remorse because I really like THE CRUISE DIRECTOR (TCD), I'm granting her birthday wish a few months early and legally changing her blog name to FLOWERING BUTTERCUP.  From now on, when you see that new, ridiculous name, I will be referring to the daughter formerly known as TCD.  (...sniff...)

No comments:

Post a Comment