Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Snow White and the Huntsman

Guess what is the BEST thing to do on a day when it feels like everything is totally falling apart and you've spent more time crying or yelling than happy?  Escape to see a movie!...preferably one that doesn't relate to your life at all, that is ridiculously fictional, and that may contain someone delightful to look at.  If you can, carry a large enough purse so you can sneak in a giant cup of Sonic ice.  (I have zero guilt about this because I've tried to get ice at the concessions counter and they only give you a tiny cup with three huge, unchewable ice cubes in it...not quite as satisfying.)  And bring along a few friends.

This is the second time I've seen this movie, which is pretty significant because I don't go to that many movies and I NEVER see the same movie twice.  I kinda loved it!  It's intense and sometimes shockingly graphic, but I couldn't even hide when the scary music played because I didn't want to miss a single thing.  I am not a Kristen Stewart fan and having to watch her play Snow White twice was a little difficult, but Chris Hemsworth totally makes up for that.  
We went to the 10:45pm showing, so it was almost 1:30am when we finally made it home, but it was such a great way to end a really bad day.  I'm so grateful for daughters who I want to hang out with and not escape from.  I'm grateful for amazing friends who drop everything for me.  And I'm grateful for a husband who doesn't mind that I escape every now and then, and waits up for me to get home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment