Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sea World San Antonio

Have you read that book The Secret?  I love that thing.  It lives beside my bed and I have a subscription to weekly inspiring emails from it's author.  This is what my email said last night when I checked:
"Every night before you fall asleep, replay in your mind the good moments of the day, and give heartfelt thanks for each one of them. Think about the next day also, and intend that it is going to be amazing, that it is going to be filled with love and joy, and that all good is coming to you. Intend that it is going to be the best day of your life. Then when you wake in the morning, BEFORE you get out of bed, declare your intentions again for the day and give deep thanks as though you have received them all."
Hmmm....too bad they don't send Monday MORNING emails because I totally could have used that advice a little earlier in the day.  But at least I read it sometime, right?  And guess what?  It totally works!  I woke up this morning and decided that this was going to be the best day EVER! and it was a really amazing day.  (The power of positive thinking is one of those unexplainable powers that I would like to have successfully harnessed sometime.)

There were lots of reasons that this day could have been "not so great," but I can't even remember any of those things to even make a list, so instead I'll just post pictures of the fantastic parts.
 I'm not sure which roller coaster that is behind them, but they rode it...multiple times!
That's the sea lion tank in the back...totally my favorite part of the day!  After the sea lion show this exhibit was swarming with people, so we skipped it and came back 30 minutes later when they were all gone.  We had all the sea lions, monk seals, five new sea lion pups and the Sea World expert all to ourselves.  We asked a million questions and he answered every single one.  We learned SO much in that one little place.  Did you know that seals and sea lions have to be taught to swim by their moms? kind of like how babies learn to walk, only sea lions start swimming at about three weeks.  Very cool stuff...
 The Great White (as you can see, all of these roller coaster pictures were taken from the ground...by me...because there was no way I was getting on any of those things!)
 Mack and his cute penguin friend
 June and BFF in front of a giant pond of toy ducks and flamingos
 the Steel Eel...everyone's favorite...that's actually my family hanging upside down in that picture
That's Atlantis in the background.  I would have gone on this one if I hadn't been soaking wet from the four Rio Loco rides right before it.  I opted to sit on a rock and dry off, though, because walking around in soaking wet denim capris isn't very fun!

I'm looking at all of these pictures wondering where in the heck all the animals are.  So here's what happened...
It was rainy all morning, so I missed a lot of pictures.
I decided that I would rather not carry my big camera and just took pictures with my phone.
And I was riding stuff and watching shows and I just forgot to take pictures of some things.

But here's the great thing.  Sea World has this awesome deal where you buy a ticket and come back as many times as you want for the rest of the year.  So we're planning to come back again on Saturday morning after we pick up TCD from EFY.  I'll take my real camera then!  

EFY update:
TCD sent me this picture today of her with her cute roomie.  Don't you wish you were 15 again?  She also sent me a video of their new friend, Danny, drinking some disgusting concoction in the cafeteria (all the fountain drinks mixed with salad dressing and salt and pepper...BLECH!!)  I'm pretty sure they're doing some spiritual things, too, right?...she just can't take pictures of that stuff...  :)