Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dancing Flowers


A few weeks ago, Spell Girl went to a birthday party, and this little plastic flower was in the gift bag she brought home.  Somehow over the past few days, it has migrated up the stairs and onto my nightstand.  And I have totally fallen in love with this little thing! 

It's a solar powered dancing flower, so when it sees the sun, it sways back and forth.  The brighter the sun, the more enthusiastic the swaying!  Dorky, huh?  That's what I thought, too, but it is the happiest little thing I've ever seen.  


Sometimes, I'm not in the best mood.  (I know that's difficult to imagine, but occasionally it happens.)  But when I walk into the room and see that little flower dancing, I can't help but smile.  It's the part where I realize it was dancing all by itself before I even got there.  I wish I were more like that...dancing just for the sake of dancing.  Sometimes...rarely...when I'm sure I'm not going to be caught, I let myself get lost in the music and sing really really loud.  Someone told me a long time ago that I should do that more often...worry less about who's watching or listening and just sing when I want to sing.  That's a hard thing for me.  But that dorky little flower reminds me every day that the littlest things can make us happy...music, the sun, dancing flowers...and we should thoroughly enjoy all those little things and dance when we want to dance...and sing when we want to sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment