Sunday, December 9, 2012

Notes from Church

I substituted for the Primary Pianist today.  I LOVE that calling.  If I could pick my own calling, it would be that one...forever.  There is no better place to be than behind a piano.  I love hearing the kids enthusiastically singing those simple truths found in the Primary songbook.  And I love being able to set the tone as they come into the room.  

I also love hearing the Sharing Time messages.  Today it was based around this scripture...

"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man."  Luke 2:52

http://figurativeartlivingmasters.wordpress.com/2010/12/20/del-parson-1948-american/
The sister teaching the lesson asked the children to think of stories of Jesus that they loved.  They thought of examples of him teaching, healing, and feeding people.  And they thought of his birth and his resurrection.  But then she said, "Do any of you ever think of Jesus as a child?"  None of the Junior Primary did.  They were all convinced that he started as a baby and then somehow magically became a grown man.  But the fact that He was a child, and that He learned and grew and "increased in wisdom" just like all of us, gives us hope, doesn't it?  Hope that we can be like Him.  Hope that Heavenly Father can work miracles in each of us.  Hope that we can someday be worthy enough to stand before Him and thank Him personally.   I'm so grateful for that little Primary Sharing Time message that put such a small thing into a much bigger perspective.  And I'm grateful to have been asked to play the piano today so that I could be in just that very spot where I could hear it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment