Monday, December 17, 2012

Dear Newtown, CT

Dear Newtown,

I have thought about you all weekend, as has the rest of the world, I'm sure.  I do not personally know any of you, but I want you to know that my heart is broken for your loss. Even in the middle of all the busy-ness and the joy of holiday preparation, playoff football games and family get togethers, thoughts of you and your beautiful children have pulled me away from my life.  I have spent so many hours this weekend wondering about each of you and praying that you are being comforted at this time.  I cannot imagine the grief you must feel, but I hope you know that there are countless people united with you in spirit at this time.  I hope you feel the support and love being sent from all over the world.  And I hope you have felt the assurance that your babies and those 6 amazing women are safely wrapped in the arms of a loving Heavenly Father right now.  I know that He is aware of us.  I know that His plan is greater than what we can see right now.   
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."   John 14:27
I am grateful for courageous teachers, quick emergency responders, and kind hearted, compassionate people in the world.  I know that we outnumber the unkind ones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment