Thursday, September 27, 2012

Derailment

Wanna know what's been happening with me this week??



Well...

Sometimes 15 year olds 16 year olds aren't as grateful for things as they should be.  Sometimes they don't realize what a sacrifice it is for people to take time out of their day to do nice things for them.  Do you know that by the end of the day yesterday, Flowering Buttercup was actually complaining that her tiara was hurting her head and she was tired of answering the door and receiving presents!?  ugh...

Sometimes, every time you sit down to post something on your blog, people text you or call you or email you.  (and most of the time they're 16 year olds)

Sometimes, there are so many little interruptions throughout the day that you can't even complete a single thought in your head let alone try to act on one.

Sometimes, you tell people things and explain and explain and they still just don't get it. 

Sometimes, it's too hard to figure out which GOOD thing is the BEST thing to do in the five minutes of free time that you have.  

Sometimes, you forget to put the banana in the blender and the delicious smoothie you were so looking forward to for breakfast becomes a not-so-delicious, watery, tasteless excuse for a meal.  :(

But...

Despite the fact that this week has looked a lot like a derailed train, and there are piles of Monday things that are still waiting for me on Thursday, it's still been a really good week.  

I'm grateful for pizza night when the weekly menu just isn't gonna happen.

I'm grateful for inspired bloggers who are available through the magic of the internet.  So often, even if I don't have time to write or can't come up with anything to be grateful for, they say the things I wish I'd said, and they remind me to be grateful anyway. 

I'm grateful for a few quiet moments that come up when I don't expect them.  I'm grateful that I chose a nap for a few of those moments instead of unloading the dishwasher or folding laundry.

I'm grateful for a small fleet of people who are available at a moment's notice when I call them to pick up the slack.  I'm grateful that the Scout Master works from home and knows just when to drop everything and be part of that fleet.  

And I'm grateful everyday for the opportunity, the ability, and the means to be able to stay at home and do this mothering job full time.  There are so many things that I don't have to miss because I'm here when people need me (especially 16 year olds.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment