Saturday, June 30, 2012

Allen Celebration

In Allen, they have a huge celebration on the Saturday BEFORE the 4th of July.  
And by HUGE...I mean seriously HUGE!  
Like 50,000+ people.  Like live music on that stage in that picture.  Last year it was Foreigner.  This year it was The Bangles.  Like tons of food and jumpy things and amazing fireworks that last for 30 minutes!!  

Thank goodness I took a BEFORE picture of my outfit, because after spending the whole day and most of the night in 90+ degree weather, the AFTER pictures are a little melty and tired looking.  I SUPER love this dress.  Every time I've ever worn it, it's been a good day...like really good.  And it matched my pedicure, so I picked it for today.  (Sorry about the crazy messy bathroom in the background...)

We happen to have some pretty good friends (the Rodriguez's!!) who live right on the edge of the park.  Which means we can sit on the lawn beside their house and hang out with them while we watch an amazing show.  This is the second year we've gone and I'm pretty sure there will be many, many more.  It's the perfect way to spend the 4th of July (unless you're in Utah, in which case the best way to spend the 4th is at Sugar House Park with the WHOLE Thunell family.  Man, I miss those guys in the summer!!  I SO wish we were there this year.)  










I LOVE fireworks!  And I LOVE hanging out with family and friends on the 4th of July!

1 comment: