Monday, September 12, 2011

The Grammas

Many many months ago, when I was in Hawaii meeting my birth mom and a whole new family I didn't even realize were mine, I asked my mom and my aunt when they would be able to come to the "mainland" to visit us.  They were just as excited as I was about that possibility and they thought maybe by May.  But life happens and things get busy and people move out of their houses and go on vacations, so May turned into September.  Today is the day that they are finally coming to my house!  They are finally meeting my kids.  I'm finally going to have them all to myself for 3 whole days!

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.  I've cleaned things, and bought groceries, and filled my van with gas, and practiced driving to the airport (I have never been to DFW that I didn't miss the exit for the terminal and wind up endlessly circling the airport!  That place is so confusing!)  

I'm excited to be with them and to catch up on the last few months, but I'm most excited that my children are finally going to meet them.  This is going to be a grandparent experience unlike any they've ever had before.  In fact, TCD even said that with both of them coming, it will be like having TWO grammas!  I can't wait for them to get to know these two wonderful women who have become such a huge influence in my life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment