Sunday, September 25, 2011

General Relief Society Broadcast

I loved the General Relief Society Broadcast last night.  I always love to hear from Sister Beck and her counselors, but by far the greatest talk of the night was President Uchtdorf's.  I think that must have been the general consensus everywhere because I heard many sisters say the same thing last night after the broadcast and again this morning in church.
 Forget Me Nots
"I hope it will be a symbol of the little things that make your life joyful and sweet."

1.  Forget Not to be patient with yourself.
2.  Forget Not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice.
3.  Forget Not to be happy now.
4.  Forget Not the WHY of the gospel.
5.  Forget Not that the Lord loves you.
"Never forget that you must be patient and compassionate with yourselves, that some sacrifices are better than others, that you need not wait for a golden ticket to be happy. Please never forget that the 'why' of the gospel of Jesus Christ will inspire and uplift you. And never forget that your Heavenly Father knows, loves and cherishes you."  - Pres Uchtdorf
I sat in the chapel last night thinking how different things are now than they were a year ago.  Last year I was fairly new in this ward and I didn't know very many people.  My friends from Mendon had all made their annual trip down to Salt Lake to attend the RS broadcast in the Conference Center.  And as the camera scanned the massive audience, I remember looking for familiar faces.  I couldn't see any, but it was immensely comforting to know that they were there listening to the same talks I was listening to.  


This time, I only had to look down the row in the chapel to see plenty of familiar faces that I have come to love.   It's still so comforting, though, to know that even though we are far away, the friends and family I have left in Mendon, Salt Lake, Atlanta, and Seattle were doing exactly the same thing I did last night.  I am so very grateful to be united in this worldwide sisterhood.    

No comments:

Post a Comment