Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Donny & Marie


You had to know this was coming, right?  I'm feeling especially nerdy and sentimental about music today, so this post was sort of inevitable.  (It's not as nerdy as the Chet Atkins post that I almost wrote after I watched Certified Guitar Player last night.  That one's coming eventually...also inevitable.  I've been thinking about that show ALL DAY!  Totally inspiring and moving, for sure.)

Today is an Osmond day.  I spent an unexpected and blissful 30 minutes alone in the van this morning, and this is what I listened to...
 


Don't they totally look just like they did 30 years ago...but this CD was released in May of this year!  My sister-in-law had it in her car when we were in Utah and I immediately had to buy it.  That's kind of a big deal, because I haven't bought a CD in a really LONG time.  I'm pretty content with the music I already have (except now I may have to add Chet Atkins to that library,) and there are very few artists I would purchase without first hearing the album.  I can think of maybe 5. 

I played the heck out of it the entire last week of July.  It's syrup-y and Vegas-y, but I LOVE it.  I love the way they sound together.  I love the way their voices remind me of my childhood.  Donny and Marie have been part of my life since I was 8 years old. 
I feel like I KNOW them.  I was slightly surprised, in fact, that Marie didn't recognize me when I saw her in the SLC Temple on my wedding day.  (That's weird and creepy, I know, but today is an Osmond day and I'm overly sentimental.)

This is my favorite song...

I'm so glad that Donny and Marie keep singing because I definitely intend to keep listening.  Today they make me totally happy.  (and so does Chet Atkins...)

No comments:

Post a Comment