Sunday, August 7, 2011

Another Testament of Christ


http://www.anothertestamentofchrist.com/ 

Last weekend, during the Book of Mormon Read a Thon, we took a few scheduled discussion breaks (after Mosiah, after 3 Nephi 11, and after the end of 3 Nephi.)  We watched this youtube video after 3 Nephi.  The link is to the website and has a more complete video with a different song.  Both are equally moving, though.  

I cannot tell you how powerful it was to have just read of the Savior's visit to the Americas and then to see this video.  I know these are just actors and photographs, but the expressions on their faces illustrate so well the account in 3 Nephi.  

There are so many things throughout the day that remind me to have hope, so many little testaments of not just the hope of things coming in this life, but also the greater hope that we have to look forward to in the future.  I know that we can be with the Savior again one day.  And that makes everything totally worth it...the heartache, the trials, the seemingly unattainable goals, the mountains that are still left to climb.  I know He has already experienced everything that I have or will have to experience in this life.  And I know He understands. 
I love the Savior.  I know that He lived and that He died for all of us.  I know that He came to visit the people of the Americas after his resurrection.  There is no question in my mind that those things actually happened.  There is also no question in my mind that He will come again.  I know that we will have the opportunity to know what those people knew, to feel the nail prints in His hands and in His feet, and to look into His eyes.  And if the look of compassion, kindness and love on His actual face is anything close to the look on this actor's face in the video, I am willing to do whatever it takes to be in His presence at that time.  

Be Good.  Be Patient.  Don't Forget.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment