Sunday, April 10, 2011

Reassurance...and Flashlights

Have I mentioned that I love my Droid??  After living with this amazing thing for the last 2 months, I've come to realize that I can't live without it.  

  • It wakes me up at 6:30 every weekday morning (not with a radio station or some buzz-y alarm-y sound...although I'm sure it COULD do that if I asked it to) with FLEETWOOD MAC! 
    • It reminds me at 3:00 every weekday afternoon that my kids are on their way home and that if I haven't already, I need to open the garage door.  (Michael McDonald Ain't No Mountain High Enough

    • It told me tonight (because I have a lot of weather apps) that there is a SEVERE THUNDERSTORM warning in effect until 2am...gusty wind, heavy rain, and HAIL!!  Yikes!
      Weather Bug
      Typically in my head a THUNDERSTORM warning with WIND = POWER OUTAGES (not my favorite thing.)  So typically, by now I would have gathered all the flashlights and candles and matches that we own into one central location near my bed just in case the power went out sometime in the middle of the night.  (Just a thought: you will NEVER see a post on this blog titled THE DARK.  I DO NOT love the dark!) 

      BUT thanks to my BFF Droid, I'm not doing that tonight.  Instead, I'm just going to put the phone next to my bed where it lives at night, and I'm just going to sleep.  Because there is a FLASHLIGHT app on my phone! 

      I have it set to my home screen.  It has three levels of brightness...I prefer BRIGHT AS DAY.   And just in case the thunderstorm gets really out of control...it has an S.O.S. option to signal the rescue helicopter.  Handy, huh??


      So, even though conditions are less than ideal, I plan to sleep soundly and peacefully with my extra set of ears in bed with me and my Droid on the nightstand...hopefully for 7 whole hours until Lindsey Buckingham starts playing that beautiful guitar music and wakes me up.


       

       

      No comments:

      Post a Comment