Last week was officially Detox Week for me. As blissful as it was to experience every eating opportunity imaginable in Hawaii, it definitely took it's toll. I felt crappy after we got back. Vacation eating cannot translate to everyday eating without some serious consequences.
Here was my plan of attack last week...
- WATER WATER WATER!!! (no more POG...sniff)
- no meat
- more fruits and veggies
- Green Tea and fruit for breakfast
Here are the immediate benefits I've noticed...
- My clothes fit better (and it's not because I'm not starving myself. I've tried that and it's effective, but not sustainable. I eat A LOT of food. I just eat mass quantities of GOOD STUFF now instead of crap.)
- Good hair days. Do you think that's possible?? Can the stuff I've been putting into my body really affect the way my hair looks? If that's the case, I should've started this vegan thing YEARS ago, because my hair is shiny and thick and healthy looking lately, and that makes me exceedingly happy.
- Control. Being in control of my food (instead of the FOOD controlling me) has ALWAYS been an issue. I feel totally in control lately. It's nice to eat for fuel instead of eating to satisfy a craving, or an emotion.
- Clarity of Thought. I mentioned this up there already, but what if it's an actual thing? Like what if eating "cleaner" also helps you think more clearly? It's a respectable desire, don't you think?
- all of the above stuff, plus...
- no dairy
- no eggs
- no white flour
- no refined sugar
green tea, mass quantities of honeydew melon, and a banana
whole wheat fusili pasta, tomatoes, pinto beans (because there are people who worry about the amount of protein I may or may not be getting), and fresh oregano with a little olive oil and s/p (salt and pepper)
OK maybe there was more than a little salt because I'm a salt-a-holic!
AFTER SCHOOL SNACK
whole wheat tortillas with Earth Balance (that's vegan butter) and cinnamon sugar
And look how yummy everything was that I ate today! I'm totally not feeling the slightest bit deprived.