Monday, January 24, 2011

Mid Afternoon Walks

I have a friend who I walk with fairly regularly.  Unfortunately because of holiday craziness, vacations, and weather, we haven't walked in A LONG TIME!  So I texted her about an hour ago and asked her if she wanted to walk tomorrow morning.  She texted back and said, "Wanna go right now!?"  I have to say, I was a little thrown off.  I've already gotten dressed and ready for the day (including hair and make up) and I typically walk IN THE MORNING.  But it was only 2:00 and I didn't have anything else pressing, and the weather is absolutely PERFECT, so I texted her back and said "SURE!"  I threw on a pair of sweats and did something I've NEVER done before...I went for walk in the middle of the afternoon.  That's crazy, isn't it??...that I haven't ever thought to do that.  It's 24 degrees at 8am, but it's 51 degrees right now.  Why would I walk in the morning!??    


Anyway, it was the perfect break in the day...the perfect way to warm up...the perfect way to keep from wandering into the kitchen for a snack.  I might have to make this afternoon walking thing a habit!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment