Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Satisfaction

Want me to give you a list of all the reasons I couldn't go running this morning?  

OK, I won't give you the WHOLE list, but there were more than a few good reasons not to go.   The biggest one was that sometime between 6:00am and 9:00am the temperature dropped from 61 degrees to 42 degrees!  (42 degrees is not my favorite temperature.  Maybe you remember that I mostly like to stay between 68-72 degrees at all times?)  So, at 9:30am right after my YW Presidency meeting, I had ZERO motivation to run anywhere except to the couch with a blanket and a good book.   Unfortunately, Spell Girl took Book 2 of The Hunger Games WITH HER to school, so there was no good book.  

Instead, I made my rounds on my laptop and happened to find THIS on Pinterest...love that website!


I read through it quickly (along with the blog it came from, which was very motivating!) and I thought, "I can totally do this!"  So I ran upstairs and did it!  It took about 15 minutes.  And then, since I was already up there, I turned on the Wii and played Just Dance for 30 minutes. 
   (oh, and I totally BEAT the high score on Price Tag and then texted my family to let them know!)

And then, after I finished all of that stuff, I was still in workout clothes and I was sweaty anyway, and no longer worried about being cold, so I jumped in the car (before my body temperature dropped again and I came to my senses), drove to my trail, and RAN ANYWAY because I only have 47 days until that 5K.


Sometimes the determination in my head is weak, but it's there...and tonight, I can go to bed knowing that I did what I said I would do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment