Thursday, January 26, 2012

Motivation

Do you think this girl looks like me??
Last night at YW, one of the girls' moms came running up to me and asked if I had been modeling for Special K cereal boxes lately.  (Um...nope...I haven't.)  She said their family was eating breakfast the other day and her little boy said, "Mom, why is Sister Thunell on the back of the cereal box?"  (OK, how sweet is that!?  That he saw HER and thought of ME!) 

Just so that she could validate her opinion, though, the mom happened to have the box WITH HER and of course ALL of my little Beehives had to check it out.  They thought she looked like me, too.  And so did the rest of the YW Prresidency.  And the Mia Maids.  And pretty much everyone else who saw the box, including the Scout Master!

It's definitely NOT me...but it's motivating to think that that might be possible.  Me...three sizes from now.  Me...after losing a few hundred pounds (that might be a slight exaggeration, but she's definitely smaller than I am...especially after an indulgent December.)  So I brought her home, cut her out of the box, and pinned her to my bulletin board to remind me of the possibilities that are out there if I eat less, keep running, and get enough sleep.   Totally achievable!


No comments:

Post a Comment