Friday, January 27, 2012

The Dallas Temple

Today was our Ward Temple Day.  In this Stake, they don't have a specific time when all the members of one ward attend a session.  Instead, they give us a specific DAY and we attend whichever session fits within our schedule.  Earlier this week, I got a text from my friend, Amy, asking if I wanted to go with her to the 10:00am session.  I LOVE her.  And I totally wanted to go!  So I said, "Absolutely!"  Typically I like to go to the Temple by myself, but every now and then, it's nice to have a friend to go with.



Sometime last year, my mother-in-law gave me several family names from one of her Swedish missionary friends who lives in Bountiful, UT.  Apparently these are distant relatives of his, and he was having a hard time getting all of their work done.  I have 25 pink cards in my Temple bag that I have gradually been whittling down so that I can send them back to my mother-in-law, and eventually to Stephen Rosevaar (who I'm sure has given up on me completely by now.)  But, after today, because I had a friend with me, and because there were two other women from my ward in that same session, we got 4 names done, and I am down to 9 cards!  

It is always an amazing feeling to be in the Temple, but it was even better to be there with friends today.  With those three other women, I was able to do 4 times the work that I would have been able to do on my own.  If I keep taking at least one friend with me to the Temple every week, I can get this set of cards back to UT by the beginning of March!  Which is perfect because my mother-in-law brought another stack of 52 baptism cards that need to be finished sometime in the future.  (I'm thinking the next Youth Temple Baptism date will be my chance to have lots of helpers for that job!)  

I LOVE the Temple.  I LOVE that's it's so close.  And I LOVE that I have friends who want to be there with me.  

 








   

No comments:

Post a Comment