Friday, December 30, 2011

Not Being a Slug

Today was a good day.   You know those days when you wake up and feel like you can do everything??  I got up early, cleaned stuff, read my manifesto, did my hair, made lists, and wasn't a SLUG!  I got tons done, smiled at people, and connected with 50% of my kids (the others were busy with friends.)  

TCD and I went shopping for sparkly NYE outfits.  Unfortunately she was the only one who found something cute.  

I was looking for this...

  or this...(only in red or pink)
 ...and this...

But I couldn't find anything even close to those.   It was a little disappointing.  Not sure what I'm wearing tomorrow, but I don't think it will be sparkly.  :(


I might have to settle for sparkly fingernails and toenails instead...
But do you know what the very best part of today was??...Running into my friend, Jeanette, in the church parking lot.  When you're a slug, you forget to connect with your friends.  You forget to get dressed and you forget that other people live outside of your house.  It's been awhile since I've talked to her.  She is a breath of fresh air for me, always.  We stood outside for an hour and a half and caught up on all the things we've missed in the last month that I've been a slug.  


There are so many reasons not to be a slug!









No comments:

Post a Comment