Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Field is White...

Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.  Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.  Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.  Amen.   (D&C 4)
Last weekend, a friend mentioned to The Scout Master that since the wheat in our area was starting to look "white already to harvest," he might want to gather all of his Deacons Quorum, dressed in white shirts and ties, and convince his aspiring photographer wife to go out and get a few pictures of them.  I LOVED that idea.  So, after some prodding, the Scout Master sent a mass email out to all the boys' parents asking them to show up in this particular wheat field at 10:30am before church today to have some pictures taken.  

We showed up a little early with some extra lenses, a ladder and a model (for test pictures.)

These little wheat fields are on just about every corner in Allen, and while they look vast in these pictures, they really are just about a block wide.  With the ladder, though, it made them look like they went on for miles and miles.  

My friend, Amy brought her family a little early, too, to get some family shots, so I took some test pictures of them, too.  
Look at this gorgeous girl!  Is she totally stunning in this picture, or what!?  She is so beautiful and glowy that I had to catch my breath a little when I saw this.  LOVE it!  LOVE her!  Amazing future missionary, for sure!  I think this was the best picture of the day.  

When the boys got there, we took some individual shots of them and then some group shots with the Scout Master.  These are such amazing kids.  I can't even tell you how much I love these boys, and all the other boys who came before them and who have now graduated on to become Teachers and Priests.  If I had had my choice, they would have all been in this field.  





And then, since there happened to be an ACTUAL missionary with us (well, soon...he leaves in July) we took some pictures of him, too.  Isn't he so cute?  He's going to be such an amazing missionary.  I can't wait to hear his reports from the Dominican Republic.


I can't tell you how much I enjoyed spending the morning in this giant wheat field with a bunch of teenage boys practicing my photography skills.  I'm so grateful for that man who suggested we do this.  I'm grateful for surprising wheat fields in Allen.  And I'm grateful for these little future missionaries who hopefully caught a glimpse of who they can become in the very near future.  

No comments: