It's been a very quiet few days around here with the girls away at Camp. But it's given me a lot of time to do some of the things on that Summer Bucket List hanging in my kitchen.
1. I finished three books this week! I'm sure that's some kind of a record.
(FYI: Conquering Your Own Goliaths is the best book on the Atonement that I have EVER read...really!)
2. Craig and I took McKay and a friend to Rusty Taco for dinner last night, which accomplished not only my daily task of feeding people, but also allowed us to work on that goal of trying every taco there. I've now tried 4 out of 14 (not all of those happened last night, though...)
3. McKay and I put together a model motorcycle. There are things I probably would never be asked to do unless all the other members of our family were away on business or at camp. And this is one of them. It was harder than it looks to get all those motorcycle parts to fit together, but oddly fulfilling to see it all finished. :)
4. McKay and some neighbors worked on that sidewalk chalk mural.
5. New, brighter, more fun pillows on the couch! I really didn't love those brown paisley ones we had there before. Blech...
AND! Oscar, the painter, comes tomorrow at 8am to finish painting all the high parts of the living room that I couldn't reach, and behind the bookshelves, so at least one room that I started will officially be finished by tomorrow afternoon. Hooray! Now we just have to keep Oscar around so he can come back later and finish the entryway and the dining room.
I hope you're having a wonderful beginning of summer wherever you are and that you have an amazing weekend planned!