Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Snow Days


This is what we woke up to this morning...


It snowed, but technically this wasn't a snow day because school wasn't cancelled.  We were all pretty surprised by that as we anxiously awaited the email from the district giving us permission to stay in our jammies all day.  When it didn't come, I reluctantly loaded everyone up for the morning carpool, dropped off my very disappointed children, and then hurried back home so that I could assemble my "nest" for the day.  

I cranked the heat up to 75, got my favorite blanket and pillow and spent most of the day here...
...and here...

Oh, how I love an occasional grey, snowy day!  I can't do them all the time and I give in way too quickly to that license to not exercise, not get dressed, and not leave the house.  But fortunately they are few and far between in Dallas, so when they happen, I head for the couch.

The rest of the week should be bright and sunny, so I will be leaving my couch and getting dressed.  But what a nice little break in the middle of the week to just be still for awhile.   I'm grateful for lazy, snow days.

No comments:

Post a Comment