Here's how this works...each person awarded must:
Post 11 things about themselves
Answer the 11 questions provided for them
Create 11 more questions for their nominees
Spread the bloggy love! Nominate up to 11 more bloggers with under 200 followers.
11 Things about me1. I have never cleaned a toilet...EVER!
2. I like to organize stuff for fun, especially stuff in the kitchen.
3. I am terrified of bridges, especially the kind that go over water.
4. I have run two whole 5Ks! (And that's significant because it may never happen again.)
5. I am a closet reality TV show junkie. Not the ridiculous ones like Housewives of Wherever and Honey Boo Boo. I love Survivor, Top Chef, anything competitive on The Food Network, and anything that remotely resembles a makeover show, especially What Not to Wear.
6. If I could have one super power it would be invisibility.
7. My favorite color (this year) is officially RED.
8. My favorite food is movie popcorn.
9. My favorite fruit is a mango.
10. I like Red Vines better than Twizzlers.
11. I would really, really like to own a HUMMER someday.
Now on to my 11 answers to Niamh's questions...
1. What is your favorite piece of artwork/decoration in your house?
This is my favorite painting in my home. When I was a little girl I looked at this painting everyday in my parents' house and loved it. I loved the texture of the oil. I loved the bright colors. I loved the gold frame. When my parents passed away and we sold their home, this was one of the first things I knew I wanted to keep. It now hangs in a prominent, noticeable place in my home where I can see it often. I love that feeling of having something that is not only beautiful but carries treasured memories with it.
2. Item of clothing you couldn't live without?
my Texas sweatshirt. I've had this thing for YEARS! It's so ratty and frayed and about three sizes too big for me, but I love it. I wear this thing even in the middle of the summer. It's like comfort food for me, like I would pick the sweatshirt over macaroni and cheese!
3. Fashion trend you fell in love with in 2012?
Riding boots (or in my case, motorcycle boots!) I LOVE boots and I LOVE that it's fashionable and feminine to pair them with leggings, with skinny jeans, or with a dress, and it all works! LOVE LOVE LOVE this style. I hope it never goes away.
4. What's your favorite kind of exercise?
You know what? I've always always secretly longed to be a runner. I just know there's something I'm missing by not running. But I just can't seem to push myself past the point of pain and exhaustion. So, for now, my favorite thing is walking. I love being outside (even in 100 degree Texas weather) and I love the way it feels to start the day with an awesome walk!
5. When you're feeling a bit blue, what do you do to get your spirits up?
Music, always music.
6. What are you wearing right now?
Oh dang, why am I never ready for church when I answer this question?? Well, I'm actually wearing that ratty Texas sweatshirt and a pair of sweats, but in less than an hour, I will be wearing a cute little yellow and brown skirt, a tan ruffly t-shirt and a pair of boots!
7. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Oh, that's a funny question. When I was little, I hated my name. It was too hard to pronounce, and I was too shy to correct anyone. I always wished my name were something easier, like Veronica. So, in 2nd grade, I took it upon myself to start writing Veronica on all of my papers. My teacher was so confused.
8. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three people would you want to take with you?
Well, the Scout Master, for sure, because he's like having Survivorman and Bear Grylls all wrapped up in one guy, and he's also my husband, so I think he'd want to be there. And my friend, Amy, because she's positive and fun and things are never boring wherever she is. And Henry B. Eyring because I think we'd all need a spiritual anchor, and he's my favorite.
9. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be Marie Osmond. I wanted to sing and be beautiful and have my own TV show, and get to stand next to Donny every single day! But as a profession, I wanted to be an oceanographer. I was all about fish when I was little.
10. What's a song that brings back special memories?
When I was little, I used to close my bedroom door, turn up my record player (I know, I've just made myself sound unbelievably OLD) and sing out the window. I thought because I was singing into the backyard that no one could hear me. I was probably wrong about that. One of my favorite songs was Top of the World by the Carpenters. I LOVED Karen Carpenter's voice because it was so deep and rich and beautiful. I've been an alto my whole life and I loved that when I sang with her it was effortless. I didn't have to stretch beyond my range to reach any notes. She's still my favorite girl singer.
11. Think fast! Two truths and a lie! (You can guess in the comments.)
I originally wanted 12 kids.
I was born in Hawaii.
I've been on the Oprah show.
Here are my Liebster nomineesMamie @ How Did We End Up Here?Julie @ Simply Julie
Amie @ Things As They Really Are
Renae @ Learning 2 Breathe
Casey @ My Journey to the Water
I Should Be Washing Clothes
Amy @ Maisymak (except I'm pretty sure that she is wildly popular and has way more than 200 followers)
I have come to love all of these women. They are amazing bloggers and inspire me every single day, along with a handful of others. I'm so grateful to know some of them personally and to have connected with the others via blogs and emails. I am overwhelmed at the ways that we all connect to each other. Underneath all the outside stuff, different ages, different lives, different cities, etc, we really are so similar.
Thanks again, Niamh, for the fun interview questions and the very sweet nomination!