Thursday, March 24, 2011

Smoothies

I LOVE SMOOTHIES!

I have always loved smoothies, but since starting my adventures in Vegan-ism in January, I have learned how to make them even better than I used to.   

Here's my typical daily start to the day...
  
One blender...


Plus all of this stuff...
Flax Seeds

and one of the following green things...
fresh kale
fresh spinach (my new favorite)...thanks Mamie!!!
After three months of vegan-ness, I've come up with a modified "mostly vegan" diet which occasionally includes chocolate chips in my smoothies on days when I need a little something that I can actually chew in my breakfast.  I'm pretty sure they have vegan chocolate chips, but until the ones in my freezer disappear, I'm not getting new ones.  



All of that stuff equals...

 yummy, purple, healthy, antioxidant deliciousness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment