When I first started this blog, The Cruise Director said, "Really? You're calling it Stuff I Love? What if you run out of stuff to write about?"
How can you run out of stuff you love? What a sad day that would be...
Anyway, since it appears that I haven't, I'm still writing. And today seems to be making up for those days when I didn't have a million things to write about.
Here are a few of the things I loved about today...
- This morning all the kids were occupied...Spell Girl was on a Daddy Daughter date with my husband. TCD was babysitting all afternoon. Mack and June were playing with neighborhood friends. So that meant quiet time for me, which I absolutely LOVE anytime I can get it.
- Tonight after everyone got home, we took Which Wich sandwiches to the park and watched the RC boat races in the pond. SO cool! We may have to get one or two of those things!
- When the racing part died down, and the sun was starting to set, one of the guys continued to drive his boat around just for fun. Unfortunately three unsuspecting ducks happened to be swimming in exactly the wrong spot at exactly the wrong time. All of a sudden there was a thud, then squawking, then a very confused duck swimming around trying to figure out what the heck happened to him! But here was the part I loved...the man with the boat walked all the way down to the other side of the pond to see if the duck was ok. (He was.) What a nice man!
- Spell Girl and June were playing some kind of question game during the drive home tonight, and Spell Girl appeared to be getting bored with it, so she used her "mighty word powers" on June and came up with this question...
"Which do you like better? white or alabaster??"
June was stumped for awhile, which I think, is what Spell Girl was hoping for.
And then she said, "Mommy, what is alabaster?"
There were gales of laughter from the backseat when I answered, "white."
Funny, huh? Smart kid games? Their dorkiness is endearing.
- Spell Girl is at this very moment picking out a Justin Bieber song on her violin, and she's almost got it!
"baby, baby, baby, oh..."