Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Inspiration

I'm always inspired by artistic people who can create something beautiful out of something ordinary.  I am not creative AT ALL...but I know when something is beautiful and I am blessed with the gift of imitation! 
I have a lovely new friend who has a blog that just oozes creativity and all things beautiful.  http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com  She inspired me to use the things that I already own to make my home even more beautiful.  Typically, my dining room table is not set unless we have company coming over...and even then, we don't usually sit at the dining room table.  (I'm not sure why, but we just don't use it very often.)  But after seeing Karin's gorgeous table settings and following "Centerpiece Wednesday" for the last few months, I have come to appreciate having a beautifully decorated table all year round.  Besides...dishes and glassware and table linens are HIGH on my list of "Stuff I Love".  I currently have 8 sets of dishes...some sentimental, some antique, some practical, some just because I felt like it...so why not enjoy them everyday???  And every time I set my table with one, it frees up a space in the kitchen cabinets...so by my calculations, I can easily buy another set without sacrificing storage.  It's a win-win situation, I think!  
Here's my most recent attempt to be like Karin.  It's not quite Christmas-y because, after all, it's only mid-November.  And even though I used the plates I had out for Halloween, it's a totally different look.  Abundant, rich, luxurious colors that I HAD right in my dining room....HIDING in that big buffet!  I can't believe I've waited this long to use all this gorgeous stuff.    


Thanks, Karin, for inspiring me to liberate all those poor dishes!!

2 comments:

  1. Haunani! You to too kind! Thank you for writing up such a nice post about me and my blog. You have totally made my day! I find it so thrilling to know .....that some crazy idea I have has inspired someone....I truly have a love of wanting to create a heaven on earth in my home and table setting allows me to play with colors, textures, patterns and random things I have on hand to hopefully create a lovely dining experience.

    I love what you have come up with! The beautiful deep red tablecloth, the gorgeous plates. I am in love with your soup tureen! I need to get one...it looks elegant with your tall candlesticks...very romantic too! I bet your kids and hubby love to see what you come up with next.

    I am so happy that we have gotten to know one another if only for a little while before I move :( I am sooo going to miss our ward and all the amazing women in it!

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! You are creative!! Can you both please come to my house and redecorate??

    ReplyDelete