1. Even though the burnt orange blood running through my veins makes morally opposed to the state of Oklahoma, we did have to drive through it. (And it's actually really beautiful.) By 8:00am we could no longer put off the starving children in the backseat, so we gave in and stopped for breakfast at this cute little donut shop in Norman, OK of all places! Fortunately several of us were decked out in our Texas sweatshirts so there wasn't a chance we'd be mistaken for Sooners (phew...)
2. We saw a lot of these today! And, do you know what? It turns out I kinda love rolling fields and amber waves of grain.
3. Cawker City, KS. We detoured through this cute, little (and I mean little) town so that we could visit...(insert anxious anticipation here)
4. ...the highlight of Mack's trip, The World's Largest Ball of String
someone put these cute googly eyes on it so it feels a little more personal than just the average ball of string.
5. Somewhere in the middle of those beautiful wheat fields, between Kansas and Nebraska, we found the geographic center of the US. So we admired it for a minute, took a picture, and then drove on.
Hope your Friday was great and the rest of your weekend is amazing!