Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day 2012

I'm taking a break from my regularly scheduled Flashback Tuesday posting because it's ELECTION DAY!  Are you as excited as I am to see who's going to win this thing?  I have a million things to do today, including a meeting tonight at 7pm (prime early results reporting...dang it!) but I'm going to be only half listening to all of that stuff because I will be anxiously awaiting the news.  So excited...!



If you haven't already done it, please VOTE.  It doesn't matter to me who you're voting for, just that you do it.  It's a big deal and a huge privilege to be able to vote for the leaders of our country.  Did you know that Susan B. Anthony was arrested and tried in 1872 for attempting to vote in New York?  At the time there were no states allowing women the right to vote, but because of her efforts that eventually changed.  How grateful I am for pioneers who sacrificed so that I can now walk into a conveniently located voting booth, and discreetly cast my vote for the person I feel most strongly about.  I am so grateful for the freedoms and opportunities we have in this country and those who have made that possible.  

Happy (exciting) Election Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment