Friday, March 23, 2012

The Hunger Games (the movie)


Since Spell Girl and I finished The Hunger Games books a couple of months ago, we have been anxiously waiting and planning our "girl's night" to go and see it.  In her mind, I think she pictured just the two of us going to the opening night.  But I mentioned it to one person and then she mentioned it to another person, and the result was an intimate movie night with 13 of our closest friends!  

It was SO fun, though.  The last time I organized a big movie night was when Twilight came out.  

We bought tickets online on Monday, and got to the theater 90 minutes before the movie started just to make sure we got seats together...that weren't in the front row!  It was perfect!  We only had to stand in the super crowded, claustrophobia-inducing line, for 40 minutes before they let us in.  

And then we thoroughly enjoyed awesome conversation, popcorn, snacks, and PREVIEWS! until the movie started.  I was REALLY looking forward to seeing Lenny Kravitz in this movie and he was pretty good (although he's nothing like the Cinna I pictured in my head.)  

But my favorite...surprise of all surprises!...was Woody Harrelson as Haymitch!  (Also not who I pictured, but surprisingly AWESOME!)
 He was my favorite.

Oh yeah...and GALE!  (I'm totally TEAM GALE!)

I LOVE going to movies...especially the ones that are highly anticipated, and especially with a big group of friends.  We had SO MUCH FUN!  And the movie was pretty darn good.  Of course the book was better, because even super HD filming can't compare with my vivid imagination.   But we loved it anyway...mostly because we all got to watch it together!

1 comment:

  1. TOTALLY agree with you on the Cinna/Lenny and Haymitch/Woody casting!

    I wish they would have emphasized the relationship between Katniss and Cinna more, since it's so important and moving in the later books.

    LOVED the movie, though - well done!

    ReplyDelete