Monday, February 13, 2012

S'mores!

I'm not an outdoor kind of a girl...not even a little bit.  Which is kind of ironic considering that I'm married to the Scout Master/Angler/Outdoor Magazine Guy.  He loves hiking, fishing, biking, and exploring the wilderness.  And I love shopping, being in the car, hanging out at home, and going to movies.  He collects camping gear and I collect shoes.  He has clothing and accessories that allow him to be prepared for every possible weather condition, and I just adjust the thermostat so that I remain between 68-72 degrees at all times.  

I can honestly say that I have never had a desire to go camping in my life.  I like sleeping in a bed.  I like to be warm.  And I like the modern day conveniences of running water and flushing toilets.  But every now and then I DO have a SERIOUS CRAVING for roasted marshmallows.  

The other day I found the most exciting new thing...


 STACKABLE MARSHMALLOWS!!

Here's what I did with them...

 graham crackers (I used cinnamon ones) + marshmallows + chocolate chips
(I'm not a huge chocolate fan, so instead of the chocolate chips, I drizzled a little caramel ice cream topping on a few of them before putting them in the oven...SUPER YUM!!)

 in the oven for 8 minutes at 350 degrees
...and poof! The kids have an after school snack and my s'mores craving is satisfied until the next time...and no camping or open flames were involved!   I LOVE flat marshmallows!

No comments:

Post a Comment