Personal Progress is a goal-setting program that helps a young woman develop a testimony of Jesus Christ and His gospel. Personal progress gives a young woman activities to do that will help her:
- Know she is a daughter of God.
- Rely upon the Holy Ghost.
- Develop personal religious behaviors, such as prayer, scripture study, obedience to commandments, and service.
- Keep her baptismal covenants and prepare and qualify for temple covenants.
- Develop talents and skills that prepare her for her future roles.
- Establish a pattern of step-by-step progress through her life.She will have a pattern of progress for her life that will bring her joy and happiness!
Once a month for our Combined YW activity, all the girls get together for Personal Progress night. We have an amazingly creative and brilliant Secretary/Personal Progress adviser who organizes this for us every month. It's always at her house and the theme always starts with P...Pink and Purple night, Polka Dots and Personal Pizzas, and tonight we had Ponytails and Pasta night (the girls made their own homemade pasta!)
Each month, the girls can count on having a fun activity, connecting with the leaders and each other, tracking their Personal Progress online, and ideally, by the end of the night, completing at least one additional experience (or at least getting a really good start.)
Tonight, I spent some time with my newest Beehive. She was originally one of my Activity Days Girls when I had that calling, so it was a nice little reunion for both of us when she turned 12 in December. She's slightly more reserved than some of the other girls in the group, and I haven't spent a lot of one-on-one time with her, so this was a great chance to get to know her a little better. Since she's so new in YW, she hadn't yet started on her Personal Progress and she was a little intimidated by the whole thing. By the time we ended our chat, she felt much more confident about it, and she even had two Choice and Accountability experiences completed!
It's such a joy to get to work with these girls. To have the time to sit with my newest little "chicken" and point her in the right direction was the perfect way to spend a Wednesday night. (And the pasta was super yummy, too!...definitely doing that at home!)