Thursday, May 12, 2016

Moving Week...Thursday

The day after tomorrow is packing day.  I've been awake since 4:00am making mental lists and thinking about all the things I could still do...  

I could take more stuff off the shelves and out of the cabinets. 
I could do more laundry.  
I could clean out the refrigerator again.  
I could dust all the things in the house before people have to come and touch it so they won't think we have dust bunnies here.  
I could just pack everything myself...

But...that would be weird and obsessive. 

Instead, Shamu and I decided to get up about 5:00 and we made some lists and then we just walked around the house making more piles and moving some of the old ones.  And also we might have dusted some things... ๐Ÿ˜Š

This is the bathroom pile...yep, that's all just my stuff.  I know, it's ridiculous.  I can barely pack for a trip to Utah, though, how in the heck am I supposed to pack for 17 days of living my life in this place where I sort of still live, but not really?  (I just noticed that if you zoom in on that picture you can see my reflection in the mirror and not only do I look a fright but also it's a good thing I'm standing where I am because I'm not wearing any pants yet and neither is Shamu!.  Cmon, it's 5:00am!  ๐Ÿ˜ณ)


We found a nice new home for the kitchen table.  While I cleaned the heck out of it this morning, I remembered the past 15 years of scripture study, family dinners, puzzles, game nights, Joy School lessons, FHE, presidency meetings, little hands making Play Doh snakes, birthday parties, scrapbook nights, Halloween pumpkin carving, and endless hours of homework.  Holy cow...that table has seen a TON of family memories.  It was a little bit hard to see that thing go.  

At the last minute tonight, Craig and I decided to tag along on the youth temple baptism trip because we realized it will be our last one in Dallas and also that I still had a bunch of names to finish. So all these cute kids did 100 of my family names and about 180 other family names that other kids brought with them. ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰  Oh, how I love these amazing kids.  And then after the temple, we went to Chipotle for dinner.  (Not the whole group, just the five of us.) ๐ŸŒฎ Perfect way to escape the moving chaos for a little while.  


And it's possible I may be trying to do too many things...or we just have too many Megs in our family, because I texted the wrong one tonight to tell her to bring her phone downstairs for bedtime. ๐Ÿ™ˆ

Tomorrow I'm going to lunch with my neighbors, Karryn and Jill.  They've set aside every Friday for lunch dates with me since about the first of April.  Isn't that the nicest thing ever?  ❤️ I love those two women SO much.  

Tomorrow is also the Bishop's breakfast at the east building for the seminary kids. Next week is the last week of sem...hallelujah!  ๐ŸŽ‰ Sheesh, it's so hard to get everyone out of bed during these last few weeks of school.  

And tomorrow is also the day I finish the rest of the stuff on this house list and the day I HAVE to do all those hard things I've been procrastinating...ugh...dreading tomorrow a little...well, just some parts of it.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow - you sure have a lot going on. It's always great to make time for the temple when things are at their craziest. I hope your move goes well and that you will continue your blog!

    ReplyDelete