Monday, May 9, 2016

A Series of Mostly Fortunate and Some Unfortunate Events

Hallo liebe Familie und Freunde! 

This was a crazy week! 

UNFORTUNATELY: Matej and Romana completely dropped us and want nothing to do with us anymore :(   BUT IM NOT GIVING UP HOPE.   Kinda depressing though :( 

FORTUNATELY: Nadine is so excited, and progressing so well towards her baptismal date! Now we just need to find the baptismal clothes, and dust the cobwebs out of the baptismal font!  

Also FORTUNATELY:  We have two new investigators! One is from China and her name is Lunar. She doesn't have a Christian background, so we are starting from the very very beginning! She is such a sweetheart and I love teaching her!  And our other investigator is Sabrina, Nadine's friend!  Nadine is already doing missionary work, people!  How much more perfect can ya get? :)  Nadine is hopefully gonna help us make sure that the baptismal font never has cobwebs in it again!!  We also have three or four more people on the brink of becoming very promising investigators, so that's exciting!  Our weekly numbers are getting higher and higher, our faith is growing stronger and stronger, and Heavenly Father is blessing us more and more! Our cups are Big Gulp size, and they're STILL running over. 

UNFORTUNATELY:  I have accidentally offended like 5 different people this week, but FORTUNATELY through lots of running around and apologizing, everything is fixed again :) I've learned a lot of lessons this week about 1.) Thinking about what I say before I say it, and 2.) Putting myself in other people's shoes to see their point of view.  Surprisingly enough, not everyone thinks the same way I do!  Who would have thought!? 

FORTUNATELY:  I got to skype my family on Mother's Day!  Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers out there who do so much for all of us!  Mother's Day is definitely bigger in America than it is here, but I am super grateful for my mom and all that she has taught me, and all that she has done and continues to do for me.  :)


FORTUNATELY:  This week I finished my 40 day fast!!  Holy cow 40 days is a long time! And funny enough, I don't even want to go back to doing any of the things that I was fasting from, so it worked!  Time to pick some new things and start over :) 

This week in my personal studies I have been just focusing on the basics. The doctrine of Christ, the reason why I'm here, and how simple the gospel is!  I have been feeling lately like I am being carried completely by the Spirit wherever I go, and in whatever I do!  I feel like that weird yellow turtle on the cloud who gives you the green light to go and tells you you're going the wrong way in Mario Kart. 

The Holy Ghost is my cloud, and I'm simply floating along doing whatever work needs to be done!  Being a missionary is awesome. It has become real life for me, and home is just a dream now!  I love waking up and hopping off my bunk and getting ready to work my butt off the whole live long day!  Time is flying by fast, but I am learning a ton and the miracles are endless.

UNFORTUNATELY: I didn't take a whole lot of pictures this week, and also unfortunately I don't have a whole lot to say because I just skyped home yesterday!  It's like two pdays in a row!  So awesome! 

German word of the week: kontinentalplattenverschiebungstheorie
The theory of Pangea floating apart :) Sister Staack taught me that one.  Isn't German great?

I love you all and I wish you a merry week!

Liebe Grüße,
Sister Thunell


No comments:

Post a Comment