Sunday, May 15, 2016

Sunday

Ugh...I'm so grumpy today...

I woke up at 6:00 and thought, "If I hadn't overcommitted my whole stupid day today, I would just stay in bed, or at the very least, at home and just skip church today." Because really, we're packed, and we've been talking about this move for SO SO long...aren't people so sick of us already?  Can we not just leave here already and go to Birmingham??  

But that's a great thought to have, isn't it, right after all those awesome blessings that floated down from the sky yesterday and all of last week?  How can I have just written about how grateful I am for all the evidences of the hand of God in our lives and yet not be the slightest bit willing to want to do anything today but be a hermit in this house?  I am obsessed with the stupid piles...

Why can I not be more like that hymn...? 
Because I have been given much I too must give...
Speaking of hymns, I switched my usual first Sunday of the month organ assignment for today with the regular organist ages ago when I had no idea that I would be piano-less this week, and long before a new music chair was called who feels the need to be more adventurous with the hymn selections.  How is it possible that there are still hymns in that book that I have never in my life heard before??  
#236 Lord Accept into Thy Kingdom
#45 Lead Me into Life Eternal
I know the sacrament hymn, fortunately.  And fortunately there's a special musical number this week, so I don't have to play another unfamiliar hymn on the organ for that.  But, guess who's accompanying the musical number...fortunately, it's easy, and I've practiced that one.  And also the quartet is awesome so no one will be listening to me.  I have not had a chance to go near the church this week or play through those two hymns on the organ, though, so the rest of the program will be a complete surprise for everyone, including me.  

Earlier this week, Emma's Sunday school teacher texted and asked if I would teach his class because he'll be out of town today.  I said sure because on Wednesday I didn't have enough foresight to realize that I would be tired and grumpy today and that I would not have any motivation on Saturday night to plan a lesson about reverence and revelation.  I still have no idea what I'm teaching...four hours from now.  

I've slept for exactly three hours.

There is still so much left to do before tomorrow's second half of packing.  All those little things.  And that one big thing that was supposed to be Friday's blog post, but has been procrastinated and now has to be done tonight...ugh...and will now have to be back-posted sometime after we're in a hotel??  also ugh...

The "safe room" where the kids threw all their potential hotel stuff has turned into one giant pile.  Honestly, that pile alone is going to take up the entire hotel room even without the five of us in it.  

The refrigerator still has too much stuff in it, but none of it even put together will turn into dinner, I don't think.  And we still need to eat tonight, although I have no idea what that's going to look like.  I bet I can create something out of 6 eggs, ranch dressing, orange juice, oatmeal, and 2 hot dog buns...

Wouldn't it be so nice if I were one of those consistently happy people?...or just consistently something (flat, neutral, irritated, unemotional?)...at least I wouldn't be such a roller coaster.      

Don't worry...the good thing about roller coasters is that there's always an up after the down.  I'm sure tonight when I finish all those things I'm grumpy about and I've had a great day at church,  I'll be back here to write an addendum to this post about the miraculous lasagna that appeared in the depths of my freezer and fed not just our family but a few of our friends, too.  

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are a bit overwhelmed. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed myself these days and I'm not moving next week. I hope you had an amazing spirit-filled Sunday and that the rest of your move goes smooth as silk. You are amazing to be keeping up your blog in the midst of everything you are going through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was a great Sunday, like they always are, and all that stuff I was worried about worked out just fine. Thanks for the support! Keeping your sweet Thomas in our continued prayers. I know your family is feeling a whole different kind of overwhelming feeling right now. Hope you have all that you need. Much love!

      Delete