Thursday, October 9, 2014

Utah Barn Hunting

While Craig and I were in Utah, we planned an extensive barn hunt. 
We got up early and spent the entire day driving through parts of Utah that neither of us had ever been to before. It was an absolutely gorgeous day and it was so much fun to just wander aimlessly.  



Here are a few things I discovered on that adventure, in addition to the barns and beautiful scenery...

1.  I'm convinced that I would never get tired of driving around, exploring and taking pictures.  Ever.  We left the hotel at 7:00am Saturday morning and got back at 3:00ish that afternoon, and I was disappointed to have to stop.  That's how you can tell you really love something, I think...when you could just keep doing it for hours and days at a time and never grow tired of it.  

2.  It was hard to concentrate on hunting while General Conference was on the radio.  You'd think putting two things that I love together would equal something proportionately great, but it was actually a bit of a conflict in my head.  How do you choose between listening to an awesome Conference talk or stopping to get out and wander through some beautiful abandoned thing? Impossibly difficult.   

3.  I like what I like.  Craig tried to point out things that were interesting to him.  He really likes windmills, rivers, and those beautiful homes that sit on the benches up in the mountains.  I like interesting-shaped barns that sit all by themselves in the middle of fields with mountains and sky behind them.  Uncluttered.  I like flowers, fences, farm equipment, and houses that are falling apart.  Oh, and as of this trip, I have added cows, sheep and llamas to that list, but not herds of them...just their cute faces.    

4.  The more I hunt, within Utah and outside of it, the more I realize that there is no place on earth as beautiful as Cache Valley.  There just isn't.





1 comment: