Tuesday, February 4, 2014
Ten Random Things
My sweet friend, Billie Jo, nominated me for the Sunshine Award (maybe with a tiny bit of coaxing.) Hooray! I love bloggy awards and I love random lists. And I also happen to love Billie Jo.
Here are my ten really random things…
1. My all time favorite food in the world is Chips and Salsa! If given a choice, I would pick Mexican food every day of the week.
2. My favorite household chore is LAUNDRY. I love sorting it. I love throwing it in the washing machine and transferring it to the dryer. I love folding it. And I especially love looking at the piles of clean clothes when it's all done. Although when I was pregnant, the smell of freshly dried laundry made me completely nauseous.
3. Speaking of pregnancies…when I was pregnant with Megan I craved corn dogs, and not the frozen ones. We lived in a little corporate apartment in Seattle at the time, so every morning at 10:45, Savannah and I would go to the little QFC grocery store and wait for the deli to open so that I could start my day with a corn dog. Savannah never ate them. She preferred a normal breakfast so I always fed her before we left the apartment. Remarkably, Megan turned out perfectly healthy and normal despite my crazy pregnancy diet with her.
4. I DO NOT like peanut butter…in anything. Even the smell of it makes me want to leave the room.
5. I am petrified of heights…like ridiculously, unreasonably afraid of anything higher than 6 feet off the ground. But I managed to drag myself out onto a ledge at the Grand Canyon just so I could say that I've been there. (And secretly to make sure that none of my babies fell off of it.)
6. My favorite color is purple. It has been since I was a little girl. One year, my mom's friend made me a purple birthday cake. I'm not as big a fan of purple frosting these days as I was when I was 8.
7. I am totally a morning person! I love the start of a new day and 99% of the time I wake up happy and ready to get going. I am wildly productive before 9:00am. Which is a good thing, because after that, there's no guarantee I'll get much done.
8. I have never cleaned a toilet. Ever. And I hope to never have to do that. Ever.
9. I have an internal radar for the beach. I can smell it from miles away. My soul is drawn to the water. I think I must have been a fish in a previous life…or a mermaid. (just joking, you know we don't believe in previous lives, right?…or mermaids)
10. I met my husband when we were 16 years old. I was his first date on October 18, 1986 and 7 years later we were married in San Diego, CA. (that's the abbreviated version of the story, a lot happened in that 7 years.)