Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Peaches

My 25 pound box of fresh peaches came on Saturday, and I think I've tried every peach recipe I can think of.  Our favorite way to eat them is just straight out of the box, though.  They're SO delicious!

On Sunday, I tried a peach pie recipe that my cute bloggy friend, Elizabeth posted last week and it was SO good.  I cut too many peaches so I just put them into a glass baking dish instead of a pie plate, which made my "pie" look more like a cobbler, but no one really cared.  Pie, cobbler, whatever...it was just REALLY good!  

These are the BEFORE pictures...



There are no AFTER pictures because when it came out of the oven it was devoured before I could even think to grab my camera.  

I love summer fruit, especially peaches.   Tomorrow I'm making peach jam if anyone wants to come over.  :)


4 comments:

  1. Please, please, please come to my house and teach me how to slice peaches like that! They look perfect! Surprise, surprise...I love love love baking with peaches too! Peach pie is Steve's favorite thing ever! Enjoy, bloggy friend! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so funny. I'm such a short cut taker when I cook. I hate to peel peaches or anything else, so I just cut them in half and then sliced the halves up. But I'd be happy to find some other reason to come over. How about cupcakes?? :)

      Delete
  2. I am glad the pie turned out so good! I have this fear that recipes I share may turn out awful for others! We are getting more SC peaches this weekend, so another pie will be made soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turned out perfect! And I actually tried another pie/cobbler recipe on Tuesday night and the kids didn't like it nearly as much as yours! It's a keeper for sure. <3

      Delete