Wednesday, August 10, 2016

"Stay the Course"

It's been three whole days since that awesome illumination I had on Sunday...that's plenty of time for my head to distort the things I knew into things I'm no longer sure of.  Maybe I heard wrong?  Maybe I just wanted to hear all that stuff I heard?  Maybe it was my head and not the Spirit whispering that stuff in my ears?  Maybe I'm the only person in the whole world who actually hears stuff?  It's been three whole days and nothing illuminating or life changing has happened since...maybe Sunday didn't actually happen?  

I know, I'm frustratingly and freakishly prone to wander and doubt and question...  

But, I have loved these reminders this week and especially today, that dragged me back into my closet to stop begging for answers and just start listening again, back to my knees so that I could hear again the things I needed to hear.  "All is well.  Calm down.  Nothing has changed.  Stay the course."  Poor Heavenly Father...I wonder if He could do so many more things with other people if He didn't always have to be in my closet with me talking me down off some imaginary ledge?  

First, I listened to this talk about a million times while I walked in the mornings...
Jeffrey R Holland, "Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence"  It is one of my absolute favorite talks ever, and never ceases to amaze me how relevant it is at so many different times in my life.  I started to add some quotes form it, but it's impossible to choose.  You just have to read the whole thing.  

And then today I saw this from one of my favorite Instagrammers...
"You may not know what's going on, but God does.  Sometimes, you just need to stay the course, stay in faith, don't lose heart, don't give up too soon, don't throw away your confidence.  You may be used to being in control, to "having a clue," to be moving at a steady pace, and you may find yourself in a place where none of those things are happening right now.  Don't panic.  God knows what He's doing.  He knows how to get you where to need to be.  He knows how to take care of what needs to happen next.   
Don't lose your peace.  Just keep taking one step at a time doing the last thing God directed you to do.  Don't get sidetracked by what is or isn't happening, or what other people might be thinking about you, or even by what you feel.  When you find yourself in an unfamiliar place where you feel lost, or stuck, or uncertain, it may not even be that you've done anything wrong or missed something,   Sometimes it's simply that God is still moving the pieces around, moving people into place, doing some maturing and testing of your character and faith, lining things up so He can do exceedingly more than all you could ask for, think, dream of, or imagine. 
You don't have to strive to make things happen in your own might.  You won't miss His purpose for you when you're walking in close step with Him.   
Relax.  Rest.  If God is for you, who can be against you?  With God on your side, all things are possible!  If He said it, He will DO IT, and He won't be one moment late! 
Trust Him.  Give Him room to show Himself in your life.  Just wait and watch and see what He can do."  - Andrea Howey
How grateful I am for the wise words of people before me who have apparently been around  their own corners of doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment