Thursday, February 7, 2013

Throwback Thursday

I went with another random selection today from the iCloud for tbt.  My mouse scrolled and scrolled and happened to stop at September 2009.
One day, in the middle of the fall, the Scout Master and his brother decided to take all the cousins (minus Flowering Buttercup) to Antelope Island.  Those two are impulsive and adventurous like that.  They can cook up a snow cave expedition or a hike for the kids or a fishing trip in a matter of minutes.  They're pretty fun dads.  I packed a picnic lunch and loaded five kids into the van, and off they went for a day long adventure.  They spent the entire afternoon hiking, exploring, wading in the warm water, and bonding.



yikes!  is that my baby up on that giant rock????

Do you know what I thought about when I looked at these pictures?  I could not believe how much these cousins have changed in 4 years!  But, as grown up as they've gotten and as smart as they're becoming, they still LOVE being together.  It doesn't happen as much as we would like, but when it does, it's bliss for everyone.  These guys are more than cousins...they're FRIENDS.  I love that our 7 years in Utah seared in all of us that eternal bond.  I love these kids so much.  

 And I SUPER LOVE their adventurous dads!

No comments:

Post a Comment