Saturday, July 16, 2011

Water Parks

Heights, speed, and dark, winding tubes are not on my list of favorite things, but the kids all wanted to go to a water park on this trip, and since my motto is "say YES to everything," we decided to go with some of our SLC family over the weekend.  


Since I agreed to the water park, I thought I should at least TRY one of the slides.  And guess what!  I actually kind of liked it.  It's about 15 seconds of complete and total terror, but then when you realize that you've made it out and you're still alive, it's kind of an exhilarating feeling.  The hardest part was standing in line at the TOP of the huge flight of stairs (which I'm pretty sure were swaying in the Draper wind). 
As I watched children much smaller than me willingly climb into the dark tube and make it out safely at the bottom, I managed to muster up enough courage to get in one myself.  
doesn't this tangled mess of slides and tubes look just like that Mouse Trap game??
And at the end of the day, I can happily say that I braved the two biggest slides (twice!!) and one of the open air slides.  That's not bad for a self proclaimed chicken who normally would've passed out at the thought of just climbing up those stairs!
  
My favorite part, though, was tubing down the Lazy River with the kids...
 

I also loved the giant bucket that would periodically dump water (Mack thinks it was 12,000 gallons) on the people standing on the ground below it.  That water was COLD!  I didn't even venture close to the "bucket dumping zone."


And we all loved the super comfy folding chairs in the cabana!


 

 ...this was my favorite view of the whole day!

Another great day in Utah!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the post. It looks like you had a lot of fun. Water parks are one of my favorite things to do in the summer time. Every year my family and I travel to different water parks in Charlotte NC. There are many awesome attractions and fun for the whole family.

    ReplyDelete