Friday, July 22, 2011

Family

This is the view from the deck of my in-laws' house where I'm sitting this morning having my spinach smoothie.  It is breathtakingly beautiful here. 
All of my kids had their "one last sleep over" with their friends last night, so the house is quiet this morning (which isn't unusual for this time of day.)  But in a little while, I'll round them all up and we'll get ready for the next event...

At this very moment, 15 more Thunells are preparing to drive north to celebrate my father-in-law's 75th birthday, and to spend one last weekend with us before we make the long drive back to Texas.  I can't wait for the joyous chaos that will bring...really...I LOVE this family.  Family pictures, dinners, games, hilarious conversation, family prayers.  There is a bond between all of us that is undeniable.  And the support and love between parents, brothers, and cousins is an amazing thing to be a part of.  I LOVE being with them.   It will be the perfect way to end an amazing trip.  I am so grateful for the time that we've had to spend with grandparents and for the upcoming 48 hours to be immersed in Thunells.         


It's been awhile since we've all been together, so we asked my friend, Shalon, to take some family pictures.  These are the ones I "snuck" with my camera when I could.  I can't wait to see the really good ones.

 

















No comments:

Post a Comment