Friday, May 13, 2011

Lessons Learned

I made the mistake this week of telling someone (OUT LOUD) that I NEVER get sick.  

"Nope, I can't remember the last time I was sick.  It's been years since I've had more than a sniffle or a sore throat and it usually goes away within 12 hours." 

"I think you can talk yourself out of being sick.  My trick is that I don't give in to it.  I just get up and keep moving and pretend I'm not sick, and then it just goes away."


Guess what happens when you say things like that out loud???


...you end up with the worst cold you can remember since high school (except for that time in 2003 that I got the flu)!!  ugh!

I've been completely miserable for three days!  THREE DAYS...which is rapidly turning into FOUR!  Unbelievable.  I've pretended all week not to be sick.  I've dragged myself out of bed at 5:30am, gone through the daily routine, and plowed through everything I can think of...only to find that after 72 hours I feel worse than I did on Tuesday.  (ugh! just think of all the germs I've spread!)

There's some kind of message in there somewhere, I think, because Blogger had a "SICK DAY" all day yesterday, too.  The site was down all day and they even deleted all the Wednesday posts, so my cute story about Inclement Weather is gone.   (Apparently I should have been sleeping or drinking orange juice instead of spending all that time Googling the word "inclement" to make sure I spelled it correctly.)

Lessons Learned:  

Print hard copies of everything I post. 

Don't brag!   


Be Good.  Be Patient.  Don't Forget.  Print hard copies of everything.  Don't BRAG!  
(that might be too long for a motto...)

No comments:

Post a Comment