Monday, January 23, 2017

Jesus is Alive!

Guten Tag! 

Just another foggy day here in Switzerland!  This week was awesome.  I don't think I've worked harder, or been more exhausted, my whole mission.  Or my whole life!  

Monday evening started the downpour of miracles for the week. We had an appointment scheduled with a little family we found last week while dooring, but sadly they weren't home. So we decided to do some more dooring! One of the very last doors we knocked, a big scary man answered. Your typical biker/thug looking guy, with scary music coming out of his apartment. We smiled cheerfully and told him that we were there to share a message about Jesus Christ, and we had a video to show him if he had time. His face stayed stone-cold, and he just stared at us intimidatingly, so we just quickly pressed play and hoped that the video would touch him somehow. Well, his face just melted into a puddle of wonder and hope, and he asked us what exactly our message was. We had a great 15 minute conversation, and made a return appointment to teach him more the next day. Right before we left he said, "Wait! Do you have like a book or something that I can read more about Jesus Christ?" We smiled and said, "Yes. Yes we do!" We have met with him three times since then, and he has SO many great questions, and so much desire to learn all he can!

Tuesday and Wednesday I was in Bern on tausch with Sister Puckett, from my MTC group! She is such an awesome missionary, and it was so fun to work together. We did lots of finding, and LOTS of talking! It was great. Some highlights from the rest of the week:

-Sister Multamäki and I have managed to find basically all the Finnish people in Solothurn, and one of them invited us over to make Finnish food with her! So yum!

-We did an Ausstellung in Biel with our whole district and the French elders, and it was FREEZING but pretty successful!

-I've been having pretty bad headaches for about a week now, and I mentioned it to a lady in our ward, and she decided to give me a foot-reflexology foot massage to see if that would help! I was just sitting there thinking, "Wow I'm getting a foot massage in Switzerland. This is the life!"
-It was American day for district lunch on Tuesday, and Sister Rasmussen and I made chili dogs for the district! No one knew how to each them, and everyone was confused...haha #europeans

This week I finished reading the Book of Mormon for the 4th time on my mission! I was studying with the theme of Jesus Christ, and holy cow has my testimony of Him grown! He is our Friend, our Counselor, our Healer, and our Master. I know that He lives! I know that He loves each of us PERFECTLY and that He is our light, life, and direction. He is my Brother and my Redeemer, and I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have that through Him I can return to my Father in Heaven, and live with my family for eternity! I'm also grateful for the opportunity that I have had for these last 15 months to wear His name on my chest EVERY SINGLE DAY! And that I will be able to continue doing that for these next 3 months, and continue bearing my witness that I KNOW HE LIVES! I will love Him and follow Him, and be fierce in my testimony of Him, because He has given me everything.

Love y'all!

Liebe Grüße,
Sister Thunell

1 comment: