Monday, March 21, 2016

Vienna is Waiting for Me (Part 2)

Well, this week was crazy to say the least!  But I have been sleeping super well because I am just so physically and spiritually DEAD at the end of each day. haha 

Tuesday, after District meeting, Sister Fast and I hopped on a train and headed to Wien!  Sister Fast and Sister Jest went back to Graz, and Sister Price and I stayed in Wien 1!  MY HOMETOWNNNN.  haha  It was seriously the WEIRDEST THING being back home!  In that apartment, and in that area, and we even saw a few members from the ward!  I was a very happy clam that day.  Usually tausches are only 24 hours, but since Graz is so far away we decided to do a 48 hour tausch!  Sister Price and I literally worked our little behinds off!!  For two days straight we were just running from appointment to appointment like chickens with our heads cut off!  But I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sister Price!!  She is soo much like Mallory Moss, and we just instantly became the best of friends :) We definitely had a blast working together!  We had an eating appointment with the Johnson's (the family from Texas) on Wednesday night, and that was so fun!  I missed them!!  We did an Easter message with them where we hid Easter eggs all around the house as soon as we walked in, and then an hour or so later when we did the spiritual thought, the kids had to go find the eggs!  They were filled with candy and little pieces of paper saying "watch the #hallelujah video" or "sing an Easter song."  It was super fun!  The one problem was that Tyler, the little 3 year old, found a couple of the eggs right before dinner started. haha

Sister Price and I did a little finding together one night and we were talking to this guy who didn't really believe in God.  At one point he said, "Sometimes I just get too impatient for answers, so I start doing drugs."  And Sister Price was like, "Ich auch" (me too) and I was kinda shocked and said, "WHAT! NO YOU DON'T!"  And then the guy said, "Oh! You do drugs, too?? Do you want some??"  And then it just went downhill from there.  Apparently Sister Price only heard the part where he said that he got impatient sometimes, and she was about to say that she did too, and then bear her testimony about prayer!  But it definitely did not go the way she planned.  So we quickly got out of there!  

Thursday morning we hopped on a train back to Graz, and Sister Price also drooled because of the scenery, so it's not just me :) and then we met up with Sister Fast and Sister Jest and went to lunch, and then we did some power finding together!  One companionship on one side of the street, and one on the other.  It was the best thing ever because to be honest I am so sick of only working with Elders!  (haha)  A girls day was much needed :) Then we showed them a little around Graz, and they spontaneously decided to hike Schlossberg and we had to leave to go to another evening FULL of appointments!  That night we visited with a very old and very nice lady in our ward, went to the hospital to visit another member, and then ran to the church to do some computer work really quick, and then we had to RUN home to get in on time!  SO MUCH RUNNING.  Friday was full of planning and appointments, and same with Saturday. 

This week I started a "40 day fast" challenge that Sister Price told me about.  It's where you fast for one day and make a list of things that hinder you from feeling the spirit, and then you fast from those things for 40 days!  By the end, hopefully, my heart will be changed and I will be better able to be a tool in the Lord's hands :)  Reading the Book of Mormon this week, one particular verse really stood out to me:

"They hushed their fears and began to cry unto the lord" - Mosiah 23:28

I have really been trying hard to hush my fears lately.  My fears of talking to people, my fears of being incompetent, my fears of what other people think of me, my fears of the future, the list could go on and on, but I've decided that instead of being afraid, I will just cry to the Lord instead!  Because I'm really good at crying (I get it from my mom.)  I have really been able to see SO MANY blessings come from hushing my fears, and one particular miracle that happened like 30 minutes ago was that WE NOW HAVE AN INVESTIGATOR!  The famine is over, people!  We are feasting on this girl hard core.  Her name is Nadine and she is PERFECT.  I am smelling lukewarm baptismal water in the near future!  I am so grateful to be able to be a part of this wonderful work, and to see the blessing of the gospel enter into people's lives and touch them!  It is the most amazing thing ever! 

Sorry this was a little short, but we have so many appointments nowadays that we basically have no pday.  Which is sad :( but this is exactly what we have been praying for!  Work!  Hopefully it will eventually get to the point though where we can have a relaxing pday, too. haha

Love you all!  Thank you so much for the prayers :)  THEY'RE WORKING!!

Liebe Grüße,
Sister Thunell

1 comment: