Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Glenn Frey

Last Monday, the girls came home from seminary and told me that David Bowie had died.  (Apparently their seminary teacher is a big fan.)  They didn't even know who David Bowie was.  ugh...what have I been doing for the past 15+ years but trying to broaden their little musical horizons and somehow I missed David Bowie??  So we didn't read scriptures that morning and instead had a David Bowie tribute on Pandora while everyone got ready for school.  It was enlightening for them and fun for me to reminisce.  I don't know that David Bowie will be played any more regularly in our house now than he was before Monday, but every now and then it's good to have a little Ziggy Stardust in the background.  

Glenn Frey is totally different, though.  The girls didn't recognize his name at first until I told them he was one of The Eagles...like the whole reason we have The Eagles.  And then there was much commiseration and genuine concern for my well being.  Aren't they sweet?  Craig's out of town, so they hovered for awhile just to make sure I didn't need any special assistance to make it through the night or anything.  It's cute how they think they need to take care of me.  


I had a little Glenn Frey tribute all by myself in my car on the way to 15th Street last night.  And today, we'll probably read scriptures, but it'll for sure be an exclusively Eagles day everywhere else here in honor of Glenn Frey.  What  a huge loss...  



No comments:

Post a Comment